Monday, November 21, 2005

2



11/14/05 12:50pm.
I got fired today. I had really looked forward to getting this job, had planned to work at making it more than a check to check milk run. I had a feeling I would but I had hoped I was wrong, which has been a really good feeling lately. I had been logging incorrectly on the phone, and when you do that, it registers you as not logged in, or late. I had assumed, or more to the point was told, that when you login incorrectly, you hear a really rude tone noise on your phone, which I had not been hearing. While I don't want to point fingers because it doesn't feed my children, I'm not going to sit here and tell you I made it a point to be late, I just fell victim to my own negligence, obviously. But none the less they coupled the tardies with a number of absences I had accrued in training along with a recent sick day I had took (the bus strike, riding w/friends-who I by no means blame-had car issues, whereas I should have played it safe and took the bus all along ) and decided to part ways with me as of this morning. I left with my head up, not about to indulge in self pity or hindsight given all teh hell I've been through and I left. I ran into my friend, one of my kindred poets on the way to the bus stop. I told him what had happened, and he wished me well with the concern family gives and we parted ways towards seperate futures until our next intersection. I began brainstorming, calling all the temp agencies to reinstate my status as available, and fought the urge to lament on the bus home. I had pondered even fighting to keep this apartment now that I had a job, but push shoves the minute it comes through the door, so I'll need to land something soon, and get my unemployment back on line so I can get my children's christmas gifts, which are pretty much to say the least the priority right now and always, as I'd call a cardboard box the hilton to keep it that way.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That fuchin sucks man, :( But I love your attitude. You are a fighter, just like me, and we will get through these Perilous times, NO DOUBT!!!!
~Nakia

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home