Wednesday, December 13, 2006

16

For my babies
For God giving me big ears
For waking up
For everyone else that was able to wake up
For being closer to being the writer I want to be
For the evolution
For Wednesdays
For finding and being found
For being able to see
For hugs
For knowing love in more than theory
For f(amily)riends
For watching them on that stage
For knowing I got soul
For the head nod (head up for cats my age and up, down for ol skoolers)
For Ol Skool (Jam, rockberry, rockberry, rockberry, Jam, rockberry, rockberry, rockberry…..)
For a good song stuck in your head (Jam, rockberry, rockberry, rockberry, Jam, rockberry, rockberry, rockberry…..)
For the empty
For faith
For recognizing the aesthetic
For the hold button
For the crack that gets a little bigger each day
For speaking my mind
For holding my tongue
For peace
For tomorrow; or at least the time I had today
For Worcester Sauce

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes for our babies
yes for your cute big ears
yes for waking up
yes for your sweet soul
yes for speaking your mind and holding your tongue lol...good one
niiice list joe...glad you caught the bug too

1:11 PM  
Blogger Shelle said...

ohh sorry that was me...shelle

11:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

beautiful....this list is a poem in itself.

i've always thought you were an amazing writer but you've grown so much since the first time i ever heard you read....it humbles me. i hope one day i will be able to say that i've reached the same heights when it comes to my poetry and when it comes to my life. never stop doing what you do!

11:34 AM  
Blogger CousinSarah said...

HELL YEAH to the ERIC and Rakim shout out. You know you got soul!

HELL YESSSSSSS to the babies.

Its been pretty incredible to have watched your growth. Do ya thang 61FIIIIIIVE.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Copasetic Soul said...

for the babies...always the babies.

for evolution..

for the whole list....

3:16 PM  
Blogger joey said...

babies...babies...babies!!
it's all about the babies ;-)!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home