Saturday, September 12, 2009

32

Came in
trying to figure it out
and got done up
trying to be down
give me less than a moment
to say I'm taken
color yourself mistaken to say

I'm anything but nothing
if I am not something of importance to you,
water
80 percent of me

clear,
consistent
every drop necessary
rhythm in every rainstorm I have ever heard
every soft, strong wet wave
crashing at the hard rock of my shoreline
I cannot make you love me
but I will not make you regret

perfect imperfection
intricate simplicity

I wish to be come indigenous
to your land
become the army
loyal only to my country
a proud national
native of my sovereign state
I am in it with you
right down between the letters
in the thick of it, with you
no room to move

even if I wanted to
it would just be to get closer
I am in it
deep, no exit strategy
no choice but to fall further
in which case there is no choice
to begin with

I take a pack of you
slap hard
before I unravel, slide one out from the inside
slip it between waiting lips
ignite, pull,
release.
Feel you warm in my chest
pull,
release
lips press with intensity
pull, release
watch you glow with each drag
pull, slow, slower
baby
you
burn
so
beautiful
release
pull, hold
gently dip your cherry, watch it fall gracefully
release
kiss pull suck
holding firm and soft
“Let go” is not a language I speak
holding you within my fingers like a
surgeon mother
pull, blow
your curves redefine smoke
I lower you
raise you to my face
pull, tug, hold
hold tighter, don't let go
don't leave me
squeeze, pull, squeeze;
done.
Head swimming, brain bathed in bittersweet
euphoria
holding you, I grant you release as I give you to the sky
slide you out again,
and begin.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sydeaka said...

okay.
i’ll admit that i did it
i laced my ebony sticks with
the good stuff that got you so addicted
tricked you into wishing
your position was my latest victim
now you’re trapped
strapped
in the texas heat
with sweaters and blankets
rubbing your arms
like you can never feel warm
without me
once, i dared you to try to breathe without me
and the thought alone made you collapse
fall back
in a panic attack
don’t worry, baby. i got you.
right here, which is where i want you
and the sad thing is that i know it
poets tend fall the hardest
so autumn for me
don’t be scared. just fall, baby
drag slowly
while you breathe me in
you’re already thinkin about your next hit of me
the kind you can only get from me
i know it’s wrong
but i don’t feel the least bit guilty
because the alternative of kisses without you
would definitely kill me
so instead i choose to kill you
with kindness
with my fine-ness
make you call me your highness
when really you’re mine
making you high is my high
we’re trapped in an endless cycle
i’m in no hurry to be released from
so baby
just breathe
the first hit was free
but the rest will cost you everything
and what’s left will be
settling in the bed of the rivers
that run when you breathe on my thigh
chasing your breath
trying to catch it
before the rivers run dry
open your eyes
hold up
damn
i got you in the palm of my...
damn
you can’t live without my...
damn
just ...
grab me
hold me
please
don’t let go of me
finish me
like this is the last taste
you’ll get of me
and eventually we will both fall
and finally you get me to
admit that
i’m addicted to your addiction
ready for your next hit yet?
just tell me
you always know where to
find me
standin on yo corner
bare skin under a trenchcoat
you want what’s in my pocket
reach in and get yours, baby
you got it

~~ Lisa 09/12/09 12:51 pm

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home